Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend round up.


The weekend was a mixed bag but great over all. So here is a recap from Friday.

On Friday I continued to be dicked around by the company that had previously interviewed me twice over the phone (1 hr each) and once in person (another hour there plus travelling). Today is three weeks to the day from my face to face interview. On Friday they called me again (another 45 minutes). To sum it all up, they called me to re-do (pretty much) my first phone interview. Brilliant isn't it? Went for now the fourth time over my CV and answered the same questions. The nice thing at the end of the chat was the bloke telling me 'Don't think we're messing you about, but... I still want to talk to a couple more people... and hopefully we'll get back to you on Monday to see if you can come for a face to face interview' Thank you for not dicking me around. The worst thing is that though, obviously, I am beginning to go off this company... if they were to offer the job, I would take it as I need it badly.


Friday night went to the pub with a mate and as it is a tradition now, some freak sat at our table and managed to shock us and make us laugh for hours afterwards. The bloke at first seemed nearly human but was quickly to address that misconception. Within minutes he shared with us some rather awkward and intimate details. About his divorce and how now he is 'with this really fit bird. She is gorgeous... and she's filthy. Seriously mate, she is absolute filth... I have pissed in her mouth' honestly, I am not lying here, his words not mine. Then he told me a 'SECRET' he learnt from the Navy and had to sign the National Secrets Act. Funnily enough I actually knew that piece of information and told him so. When he asked me how I knew about this, my reply was 'Can't tell you mate, it is a national secret...' He looked a bit pissed off.

He asked us if we lived near by. I told him that I lived in the next town and my mate told him that he live a couple of blocks away. This bloke lived a couple of block away too. And when my mate asked him where he lived, three times he answered 'I'm not fucking telling you...' in a matter of fact tone, that might have felt a bit awkward or intimidating by the third repetition.


Regarding sports, it was a bad weekend for myself in the UK. Both my football team Fulham FC and my rugby (union) club London Irish lost over the weekend. My football club in Mexico, Chivas won to my great relief.


Sunday was glorious. A few mates from Mexico that live in London came down for a late lunch. Not only was their company great, but they brought all the food and a few beers. That was splendid as the washing up I have to do today is minimal for that of entertaining guests. The food was delicious. A mate's brother (Poncho) made Tortas ahogadas. A typical dish from Guadalajara, see the photos attached. All I can say is that they were delicious and can't wait to have them again. They are basically a hard crust roll with pork (seared and then roasted with spices and honey) with some beans. Then you drench it with a tomato/herbs/spices sauce. Add some onions and then chili sauce to taste. They were nothing short from amazing. I will get the recipe and try and emulate such perfection.


Anyway, hope you had a great weekend too and I'll leave it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a job interview that lasted 3 hours - it was completely unnecessary and they did actually offer me the job. I didn't take it because luckily something else came up and I didn't have to. However bad the interview situation is - it can sometimes be easier to get another job when you are in employment. Good luck, you will get there.

The photo of Heather Mills McCartney looks like a Spitting Image puppet.