Thursday, November 16, 2006

Personal update.

Greetings beautiful people. As you can see, I am still here and sadly I am still sponging off my previous contributions. Just a quick note to bring you up to date with the latest happenings and non-events I have faced in the last few days.
You all know about the fact that I am now a 'published writer'. I wrote and submitted a little piece for the well known Private Eye magazine, of political satire and critique fame. Ha, I submitted a stupidity that somebody had said and it got printed in the Colemansballs section. If you have the current issue, it is the very last one from the Fulham FC fitness manager. If you find it and read it, please do not publish my real identity as this I have managed successfully to keep it a secret, unlike Superman, Spiderman, Batman and the list goes on...


I still haven't heard anything back from the last interview that I had, nearly three weeks ago. Yesterday I finally got from the agency a 'They are keen on you, they just want to see a few more people'. Just as a friend of a girlfriend told me when I was 15, only just beginning to heal that one.

I did 4 hours of temporary work yesterday. Though it was just about half a day, having had run 4 miles shortly before I got the call, I found it all a bit tiring. The one good thing was that though there was an office full of call centre people, I was able to keep my head down and let my empty thoughts drown out the noise. It wasn't even necessary for me to get my MP3 player out. I have applied for a few more roles and checked today that the folder where I keep all the application receipts, contains over 200 messages. There you go, just for your peace of mind and to show you that I've not been scratching my balls and watching Jeremy Kyle all along.

It is so frustrating though. The funniest thing is that if I don't have an interview, I don't shave. So now it is getting all back to the respectable levels of a prepubescent beard. Thank you Genetics!!! It is mighty funny the following image. I need you to look closely at it and pay attention on the change of tones. I took this photo the other day when I got back from a run. I took it mainly because of the shape of the sweat patch on my chest. If I'd planned it, it would have not happened and I promise it was not tampered with. Leave a comment on the shape of it and what you think please.

I have been adding random photos to the entries as I believe it makes it more attractive and it takes some pressure off from the quality of my writing. Most of the photos are taken with my phone and that is why the quality on some of them is not amazing, but I'd like to share some of my favourites here with you all. Apart from all the mad nonsense from above I have done some cleaning in the flat. Having a mild OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and don't ever make me repeat that explanation) makes it great for cleaning. The bathroom not only experienced a cleaning, but more what I would call either 'Clinical' or 'Forensic' cleaning. Very nice indeed, but distressing as it was taking place. Today I am hoovering and doing the dishes. I bet you are all so jealous now.

Something else that I have been focusing my idle brain on is the 'Dolecasts'. I admit that I have only so far recorded the pilot episode. You have not hear it as I am very critical and think you all deserve something better. However, I have felt the recent pressure recently and I will record at least a couple more. I feel my unemployment status might be changing soon and I could not cheat you. I could never record a Dolecast if I wasn't a Dole Scum. When the impending change takes place, this will all go through a transformation that I have to keep under wraps until the time is right. Until then I hope you can continue joining me in my mental (imaginary, not as in disability) adventures.

No comments: