Thursday, November 30, 2006

Final Dole Scum Diaries entry.

I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!


Brilliant!!! Finally after all this time I have got a job. I will be starting on Monday and though I am really excited, I am as well incredibly nervous.

Surprise, surprise, it is not for the company that kept on dicking me about. Considering that I had my first phone interview with them about a month and a half ago... I still have not been made an offer. Though, I did get a call on Monday to check whether if I was still interested and that they were going to interview one more person on Wednesday and hopefully let me know this week. I thought about calling them as soon as I got the other offer, to let them know I was out of the race... but my wife (maliciously) suggested for me to wait for their call and then just drop them.


It is weird and exciting the fact that I will be working again!!! The maddest thing is that I can tell you now that apart from travelling this year, I had surgery late last year. This all comes down to the fact that in between surgery, work holidays and travelling, I have only worked for four full days and four half days since November 2nd 2005. Shocking, I know. I am a bit out of shape, but hopefully my enthusiasm will keep me going until I climatize to working again. Looking forward to the commuting once again. Fighting for enough space to read my book on the tube and falling asleep on the train on the way up.

Other than that, nothing much has happened. The last couple of days (including today) I have enjoyed of what I would like to call proper leisure. To give you an idea, this morning I stayed in bed for far too long. I really abused my overstay in bed this morning, so much so that when I eventually got up, I felt incredibly clumsy. Man it was nice. That will all be over, come Monday morning. I am going to be working in north London, so the commuting will be a bit of an extra trek this time around.


Of course I had great ideas and plans for my last days as a Dole Scum... very little has come to be of those plans. I had thought of having a deep vein thrombosis challenge and watch back to back the three extended versions of the Lord of the Rings. I think that seemed more daunting this morning when thinking about being bed ridden for twelve hours with only toilet breaks on each disc change. Think about it, it would have been an order and a half. However I have enjoyed lying in bed reading a nice book and watching some good white trash day time telly. I am indulging in the shows I forbade myself from watching whilst unemployed.

Avoiding Jeremy Kyle and the fact that they sold my local pub (and the fact that they don't open until the evening) has saved my liver and my giro from being cashed at the pub every lunch time. But I have watched Jeremy Kyle in the last couple of days and gloated on laughing at other people's misfortunes. For all our readers from foreign lands, Jeremy Kyle is a poor man's version (trying to be sophisticated) of Jerry Springer. The joys of idleness.


This entry is a small farewell and thank you to all the people that have read or come across this little place of mine. It is not a definitive good bye, you cannot get rid of me this easily. However for legal and moral reasons... the blog will undergo a big change come Monday. I can only leave that as a surprise and hope that you return. The most shocking thing, is the fact that my stories won't improve dramatically once I start working. I will have stories of other people more often, all of which I will not be able to use their real names or the name of my employers. But I hope that if I have managed to entertain you somehow, I can continue doing so in the near future.

So I wish you all the best and thank you for your support and your comments and hope that you return to this little place once it has been revamped. Thank you all and you will hear from me soon.


There are three episodes of the Dolecasts already available. Today and tomorrow I shall be recording the final episode of that series. Soon to continue the podcasting work under a new guise. Thank you and see you soon.

4 comments:

jessi said...

I'll be sad to see a reduction in posts, but congratulations on your new gig!

Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU BEEN FIRED YET!?!? LOVE YOU FWRT!

Anonymous said...

Well done you on getting a job. Hope it is all going well and making you happy.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

My homepage; i need to lose weight