Thursday, November 09, 2006

Projects and status.

Greetings my beautiful and exclusive (not to insult you by calling you small) audience.

As you can see, not much has changed since I started this blog. Sadly I am still unemployed and that is not for lack of trying to stop it. I am still applying for as many jobs as I can and am still here. Recently I went to some temping (temporary work) agencies in my town. Turning up makes them take your details there and then, apart from that I don't think there is much change.

They are the estate agents of the employment world. They judge my skills even though I'd be more than happy to get paid just to stuff envelopes. Still, they eye you up and down making you feel like a dirty tart trying to gate crash a private function.

This morning I got up as early as usual, 6.30 though you might not believe me. Had breakfast with my wife before she went to work. Took a shower immediately after she left, just on the off chance that I got to go to work somewhere this morning...

I am still waiting for the call, however, I am showered now. That would have not taken place until near 11 after I'd come back from my run, but there you go. I have searched and applied for a couple of jobs and now decided to update you on all the latest gossip.

You see, I thought I would feel dirtier going to the temping agencies and being eyed up and down. However it didn't feel half as bad as signing on every other week. The problem to going to sign on is the fact that not only are you keeping tabs on your (un)success(ful) rate at getting a job. You have to as well show to somebody how many jobs you have failed to get, yet applied for.

I try and keep myself under some pressure so that I don't spend the morning 'flicking myself to Trisha' or down the pub. But fucking hell!!! I find it frustrating enough looking at the number of applications and the little response.

Hopefully I'll be temping and employment being a jealous mistress, will come hounding after me once I have something going on somewhere else. If not, as long as I can buy Christmas cards, a present for my wife and the ocassional pint, would keep me quiet. The funniest thing about the prospect of temping is that I will be working for a small company in a small town, in a small office; they will be more anal about me wearing a shirt and tie than many bigger companies in bigger cities would mind. All that for the pride of stuffing envelopes. See my desperation that now I find it funny rather than humiliating!?!?! I need an income and I need it now.

On a different note, I have been busy hitting the next blog button and viewing several other blogs. I have left comments on the ones that I like or agree. Some people reply to them and can compliment on my blog. Thank you all for visiting and thank you for leaving a comment. Though one that cracked me up as it was as honest and spot on is the following '...and seeing as you are no stranger to the "dirty and selfish" hunt for hits...'. He could have not been more right and me more embarrassed. He then proposed that we keep an eye on each other's blog and that I will do. I will continue looking at the others and believe me that I was honest in my comments.

All the blogs where I didn't leave a comment is perhaps because I would have been invited to be aggressive and rude and offensive and I don't really like doing that to strangers.

On the new projects. Well, well, well... as mentioned in a previous entry, this is an idea that Kate J had. I have begun trialing the world of podcasting. Ha, I know!?!?! I have recorded a pilot episode of the 'Dolecasts' and trying a few things there. I have to get used to listening to it and making it flow better. The funniest thing is that Kate's idea came because I was wasting too much of her time with the blog... ha, ha, ha. I am wasting every one's time, including my never ending supply of spare time.

So once it all gets to an acceptable level and I cough up with the £10 needed for the hosting, it will all be there for you to access. I will of course make a song and dance about it and set up a link here. The downloads will be free as I actually haven't got any money to pay you all to download it.

I'll leave it at that as it is already too long and I will have to add images hoping that you got to this bit. If you got all the way down here and the pictures still make no sense with the text... sorry.

1 comment:

Raj Shrestha said...

Dear peyotitlan
this is a story about the present situation happen in nepal which you saw in my blog.I am alover of photography and wanna to be in touch with u if are intrested then send your email to rajkshrestha@hotmail.com