Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Personal update.

Greetings.
After a couple of rants that have got me nowhere or make me feel better, I though I might do a proper journal entry.
The past week or two have been pretty much the same. That is the reason why I was forced into ranting and not sharing the exciting events in my life.
On the highlights of the last two weeks have been my wedding anniversary. For which I was so skint that all I could buy my wife was a book that I knew she wanted and then I baked some scones. That was as far as my budget could stretch. The scones turned out nicely, though I made them too thin and a bit big, so they were more like scone biscuits. They did taste like scones though.
I think in the last couple of weeks I have experience some sort of growth, mainly focused in the culinary areas. After the scones I have now ventured into soup making. This is a cheap way to make lunch for a week (4 days generally, being honest). The first week I was cautious and only made a humble bacon and lentil soup. I added my personal touch by adding a bit of garlic and a chili. This week I have made a Jerusalem artichoke curried soup (actually cauliflower as there was no artichoke).

On the job front it has been as frustrating as the recent past. So much so that I have now set myself a deadline and if I haven't got a job that I want by then, then I will take almost anything that can take me to the new year. This is simply facing reality but something that still seems to horrify me. I fear that I will be stuck in a shop or something like that wasting away my career and watching my skills die slowly of asphyxiation by the layers of dust that has begun accumulating over them. I do not want your sympathy or your money, I want a good job.

Though on a lighter note... I have another interview tomorrow (18/10/06) and calls from agencies have picked up considerably in the last few days. Probably all the agencies are trying to make as much money now as this is their last chance for good contracts or permanent positions this side of Christmas. I am just hoping that they can help me find something soon enough, if only to wing it until the new year. I don't want a Dickensian Christmas, I don't want to be the tiny Tim that has to be put down before boxing day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://ask.yahoo.com/20060905.html

Somewhat out of date for your blog, but maybe an answer to the conversation earlier?? Kate