Thursday, October 26, 2006

Odds and sods...

Basically here and now I will write all the little things that I have thought about and forgot to write in when they would have made sense. Some other things that have really no place but inside my head and need to get out and so on...

To begin with, it is mainly to do with me running. As you might have read of me going on about it, I like it, am proud of it and hopefully will help me lose weight. The funny thing about it is what happens after I run. Obviously I break sweat and some times rather profusely.
The mad thing about it is no just sweating or the normal smell of sweat. The thing that is driving me crazy is the fact that my fleece ends up smelling of lighter fluid (?!?!?!). It doesn't make sense in any possible way. I could understand if it smelt of garlic or anything that I have eaten the day before... and before you go any further, NO, I have not been drinking lighter fluid.
It is weird and troubling, hasn't kept me up all night, but it still makes me think about it more than I should. The day of the 10km run I actually had to light incense and open a window in order to air the flat. It didn't help that I hung the clothes to dry in the living room, mind you...

Next it will be the fact that I am so jealous - and desperate - about the fact that I hardly get any hits onto this thing. Especially if you look at a mate's blog. Of course, his is professional and actually interesting and relevant things get written on it. My desperation is such that the other day a girl in Lagos tried to start a chat (messenger style) and instead of my usual 'fuck off' I started chatting with her. All with the dirty and selfish purpose to give her the address of the blog and get her to look at it. Ha, ha. You can see the red dot on the map, on the western coast of Africa. If you are american and don't know quite where or what is Africa, try googling it and then come back.
Shame on me for chatting on line and not being interested on what she was wearing or doing or anything else. I even asked her to send it to some of her friends (?!?!?!?) in the futile hope that I will, like Prince Phillip, will become an icon or cult hero in some remote country. I am sure that there is some un-written law for chatting on-line with strangers. I am sure that you must try and reach the 'SEX' subject in the shortest possible time. I reduced myself to the level of fat, shy and socially challenged perverts... where will this end?

About those times where you'll do anything or absolutely nothing... for the simple reason that you are avoiding doing something. Confused? Like how many times do you pretend to be occupied not to do 'the washing up' other things you can't be arsed to do. This might mainly, or only, happen to you over the weekend. Watching Final Score so you don't hoover. Pop out for a cigarette not to hang the laundry. There are plenty of examples and am sure you are thinking of many more now. For me, in my current situation, is harder to avoid something. That is a good reason as it has kept the flat within some sort of order and cleanliness level. Thanks to that, the flat won't be closed down by a health inspector.

One of the other random things that come to mind and I haven't shared with you is the amazing thing of checking random blogs. You might have come across this one by accident or because you are fed up of me asking you to look at it.
Some of the blogs I have seen when hitting the 'next blog' button. You'd be surprised by the amount of either religious or right wing (or a mix of both) that you come across. Then you find a nice one and read a few things, never to see it again. Though one of my big rules is that if there is a photo of a child or a baby is to immediately skip to the next blog. There is something weird about it that I hate and cannot stay there.

And finally that things that haven't and might not make it here. One of them is an extensive list of all the people I want to spit on their graves. A bit controversial and I have been advised by my legal team and censors (my wife) not to publish such list. I would love it if we could all just write 20 people we would like to spit on their graves, doesn't matter if thy are still alive, don't worry.

Anyway. Hope you read this again some day and it would be cool to get your list. You never know, if I get a few lists I shall publish them all in an entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi from South Africa, I arrived via the next blog button. Have a good one.