Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jaysus...

Nearly a year from the last entry. What can I say? I am not sure I am a year wiser, all I can say is that some things have changed but overall we have the same objectives.

In the last year, a short got animated and we have spent another year trying to shoot a short that has now become (in my head) a trilogy. With an over-ambitious attempt for the cast, we can only prod along and see if we can get it made in 2011 after it being written way back in 2009.

Getting it made would be the first massive thing to do, currently uncertain as how it will be when we get there as the direction depends on an external factor. It could be me or it could be an experienced mate. If the casting gods nodded in our direction, it'd be better to have an experienced director, but we'll see. The equipment would be another thing, but that could be hired, not our mate's experience.

Now, with it being a trilogy (5min each, mind you) things get a little bit more complicated, what with having to cast an additional 5 people. Shooting the other 2 would be easier as they would be more like interviews, where as the 1st one will require actual locations and be more of a drama variety.

Apart from that 2011 has got definitely lined up for us:
  • Pulp at Wireless
  • New book of the Gentlemen Bastards
  • New Thursday Next book
  • Nortec coming back to London for the first time in years
  • Family visting over for the summer
What doesn't look that promising is Hollywood:
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Hornet
Amongst many films, that I wish my first impressions are wrong. They gave me the feeling of 'I see what you're trying to do there, but...'

Anyway, mustn't grumble and all that.

So 2010 in a nutshell (from my perspective):

Changed jobs, animated short, not live action short, my little girl is 1 and walks and has a vast vocabulary if 6 words she uses correctly, still see out people from my last job more than my new one, only a few gigs, but they were pretty good, we started with snow and looks like we'll end it in snow and learnt how to use moustache wax.

Have a great end of 2010 and a blinding 2011.

No comments: