Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where are we heading?!?!?!

Hello all and long time no update...

Writing a brief note in the middle of the economic breakdown, piss taking and panic driven cultural daze.

We're going down the shits! That's where we're going and we're making sure we get there quickly. I know it is all pessimistic and depressing way to look at things, but a simple example of my work place...

Like a lot of other places in the current situation, have laid some people off! Big surprise there. But where my anger, frustration and pessimistic view stems from is from the lack of interest from people and the lengths they go to avoid helping or taking on any responsibility!!!

A bit harsh on my side, but in the past I remember when the axe fell, everyone shortly after, would comply and be very helpful as the axe hung over everyones head and you didn't want to be seen as potential dead weight.

Lo and behold it is time to pass the buck, get involved in none of your fucking business just to look busy enough and make as much noise as possible dragging as many people as possible down with you!

As you can tell I am struggling in controlling my anger, but I don't take kindly to back stabbing, useless people 'judging' my output when they can't understand.

So little is their understanding that, to my demise being an analyst, people get confused with numbers. Understandable and acceptable, then why the fuck do they want more number in the reports and higher frequency? Their confusion reaches such levels that I need the balls to run my ultimate test:

Write down a phone number in a piece of paper and put a heading over it saying it shows the trend they wanted.
The test is that, by the phone number having so many digits will manage to confuse the fuck out of them and nod pretending to understand
.

My frustration and this rant come from the fact that this people make me feel useless! They demand for so much, which is mainly ignored, but with tight deadlines as they can't ask for shit in time.

So sadly I face the reality of being paid for wasting my time, the downside of that is that they make sure I am more than busy, stressed and under pressure whilst they waste my time...

Long live the days of doing dirty work for money!!!

I am truly back.

No comments: