Sunday, June 17, 2007

Glastonbury... here we come!!!

After, I think, about 15 years of wanting to go to Glastonbury and having to fight on-line and on the phone (simultaneously) for the previous 3 festivals and missing out on the tickets...

We've got some!!! That is soooooooo cool and finally I am getting properly excited about it... At work it has been so busy and at moments rather unpleasant, that I really didn't have any or enough time to ponder about going to Glastonbury this year.


As a good geek, I've already colour coded the artists for each day and will have to assess the feasibility once on site and taking the times it would take from one stage to the other and so on.

My excitement it has been mildly clouded by the (spine chilling) thought of the 'facilities' AKA toilets... I have you know that I am rather picky when it comes to this issue. Only when travelling I was able to use a shared toilet without the need of having to spend there more than a few months to asses the habits of each individual and calculate the risks...
To give you an idea at how bad I can be... there was one place that I worked at that it was considerably over a year before I used the toilets for anything other than a wee...


Anyway, bodily functions aside... it is amazing and though the weather has not been on our side this year, I am very much looking forward to it. Currently I am trying to cut back the amount that we take as I don't want to be a) A sherpa or b) One of those fucking yuppies who all they're missing is that picnic basket with the bubbly, strawberries and only one man servant as they're slumming it... it is a festival of course.
I am so trying to cut back on unnecessary stuff that I have decided to only take a couple (max 3) t-shirts. This might sound OK to you, if you believe that I will be there only Friday to Sunday... sadly for my wife, we could only get the coach tickets. That means that we will be there from Wednesday and come back at some point on Monday.
I really don't know how much I will stink by the time we get to meet up with mates that are also going... Frankly my dears, I don't give a damn.

So that is at the moment the way the cookie is crumbling. I bought a pair of wellies yesterday. My first pair since some point in the 80's when I was a wee little one jumping into puddles. I think my last pair was either yellow with a blue line going around the sole or they were red with yellow insides and soles.

This new pair is a manly black with brownish sole and I wore them most of yesterday. Pretty much like a small child. As soon as I got home from the shops, I threw my shoes to one side and put on my new wellies. This might sound bad, but I am rather pissed off by the fact that kids and women get cool designs of wellies and we don't. I even tried yesterday to trick the staff of the shoe shop by picking up a pair of kid's ones (with pirate skeletons brandishing swords) and asking if I could try them on on a 7... As you can see from the photos below... I failed. Correction, the shops failed me...


Anyway, needless to say, I am already getting all our shit together as we will be leaving very early on Wednesday morning to catch the coach...
I will certainly be flying the flag, but I am afraid that the mask will stay here. I will take the bottle of Calpis with me so that I can update the world tour on MySpace.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week and a great weekend and I will upload some photos and my attempts of reviews once we get back. Might even try to update this through my phone, but now... that is so wanky...

Have fun beautiful people, ugly people, do what you must or you usually do that passes for fun. Au revoir.

No comments: