Thursday, January 18, 2007

Personal update 2,397

Hello there, beautiful people. Hope you are all well and that things are going nicely, wherever you find yourselves. A quick entry to update you all on the recent happenings. As you might remember, I got a job, for a very big company... sadly I have thought about leaving that place, though it is a great opportunity. It is tragic really, but the thing is that the travelling taking me between 4 and 5 hours a day.

I am looking for something in Central London as crossing the city underground every morning and not seeing it, is breaking my heart. That and the fact that my quality of life has not improved, quite the contrary. I seem to be spending only 1.5 hours a day of 'quality' time with my wife. So to put it plainly, it pretty much sucks and I am tired of it already which is affecting my ability to adapt. I am disappointed as I am sure some of you will be too, but I believe it is the right choice.

Apart from work, well, I managed to read a fair bit, mainly books that I either thought they were shit ('Hannibal' by T Harris and 'Jim Giraffe' by D King), disappointing ('Overtaken' by Alexei Sayle), just OK ('The Golem's eye' by J Stroud and 'Balthasar's odyssey' by A Maalouf) and the few that I really enjoyed ('Across the nightingale floor' by L Hearn, 'Lost in a good book' by J Fforde, 'No 1 Ladies detective agency' A McCall Smith and 'The Odessa file' by F Forsyth).

I am currently reading the latest book from one of my favourite authors 'Restless' by William Boyd. It is rather small but it is flowing as nicely as I wanted it to. The only thing that really pissed me off was the fact that the very last page, printed on the underside, had a fucking advert for a fucking chocolate bar. Have some self respect!!! Shove adverts to Bridget Jones' shite!!! You wouldn't notice it there, but fuck off and leave my books alone!!!

Apart from that, I have manages to neglect the blog, the future podcasts have remained in a planned version rather than having been recorded, I have not played my bass or used the metronome I got for Christmas... Moan, moan, moan, I nearly sound Australian, ha ha ha ha...

Better leave it here and send you all my best wishes and hope to be able to transfer to another job sooner rather than later. But fear not, I will remain a Corporate Whore from now on...

No comments: